Tuesday, March 24, 2009

#24 Is this really the end?

Yes, it is! One of the best things about the Playground is the immense feeling of relief after completing all the steps before the deadline, albeit the extended deadline!

I have to thank those who initiated and managed the program for lighting the fire to get me started on many excursions I've thought of in past but never gotten around to.

#1 I finally got a gmail account! Friends and relatives have been telling me for years that this is the best, with the most storage. Guess I'll have to ditch Shaw and Hotmail now!

#2 I finally played with the e-audio.

#3 I've attempted to keep track of my reading before. Will LibraryThing succeed where pretty journals have not?

#4 I finally did create my own wiki to share with friends for planning holidays together and they have leapt on the bandwagon!

#5 I have some conception of Flickr, but this is something for the future. I thought this was the hardest section of the Playground.
I do have to get my own digital camera and play around for my web presence to be somewhat interesting.

For future programs:

Yes, good to work at one's own pace with guidance from our colleagues.
I also would like group sessions in our own lab as we follow along step-by-step.

I would like to do some more basic learning in Word, Outlook and Excel.
Instead of sharing calendars, I'd like to spend time finding out how to make my own calendar better. I'd like more practice in creating documents so that the setup of a page comes automatically (or without continually questioning the help function).
Eventually, some practice in Powerpoint. Also, learning how to text on a cell phone!
and practicing its shorthand.


I really appreciate the extended deadline! and not just because I don't have an MP3 player yet! I feel I can almost hold my own when discussing these topics! Thank you!

I also like the idea of sharing restaurant and movie reviews with colleagues. Great to have the more informal sandbox wiki for personal ads etc. I think we should talk this up and ask for a link from the Intranet below the Playground link.

Heather G or hgo@2.0 signing off on Tuesday, March 24th, 2009 at 4:32 p.m.

No comments: