Another useful exercise. I have friends who download their podcasts for their walks
daily. Podcast.net link wasn't working so I looked at Podcastalley.com. Most of the featured articles looked appealing to a young audience, also alternative news. Same is true of the Podcastpickle.
I liked the index in podcast alley and the podcasts by genre so you can browse, although very broad genres, no subgenres I could find. Also the description of each podcast is good because the title isn't always enlightening, eg. This ain't Iowa.. is really about all things Las Vegas.
I downloaded the Beer snobs show, very easy to subscribe. It's very long, but the description tells you what beer are reviewed in each show. Will have to check out the Wine Guy too! Sound is not too great though. You have to enjoy listening to people talk. I didn't listen long enough to find out why there was a language warning...oh yes,now I know, lots of fn as an adjective and body and sexual allusions.
Not easy to find library topics in pickle or alley indexes or using keywords.
Will try podcast.net later. Found the radio book lounge though which discusses Canadian books, not mainstream.
The How to Podcast tutorial looked thorough and amusing. I was a little worried though when he said to use the same commonsense when you're creating a podcast in your car as you do with using your cell phone! I am going to check out his gothamcast.com about NYC.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
If you are looking to learn how to podcast, check out http://www.schoolofpodcasting.com
Post a Comment